This pasta dish is a homemade garlic-alfredo type of dish loaded with delicious meats such as Italian sausage, cappicola and salami. It has a creamy sauce with a bit of heat that goes perfectly with all the Italian meats in it. Every bite from first to last is packed with flavor! In addition to this, the dish is loaded with fresh parmesan and Italian parsley to make a dish perfect for any “Godfather” movie lover, or even himself!
GODFATHER RIGATI PASTA
Servings: 6-8 people
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage (uncooked)
- 4oz. salami
- 4 oz. capicola
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8-10oz. grated parmesan + ¼ cup extra for garnish
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt (add more to taste)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Rigati pasta (keep pasta water on reserve)
- 4 Tbsp. freshly chopped Italian parsley.
Note: You may add 4 oz. of prosciutto to this dish for a bit more “meat” if desired.
- Cook pasta and set aside. Reserve pasta water too.
- Heat a medium size skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat and add in uncooked spicy sausage. Begin to break up into small pieces and allowing it to mostly cook.
- Add in olive oil and minced garlic. Allow garlic to brown a bit. (The oil will help the garlic from burning or browning too much).
- Shred up the pieces of salami, capicola by hand into think strips and add into sausage mixture. (Add in prosciutto in this step if desired.) Cook for about 5-7 minutes, constantly mixing to avoid any burning.
- Lower heat a bit and add in heavy cream, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Mix all ingredients well and allow to cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce becomes to bubble gently.
- Add in parmesan cheese and gently mix into the meat sauce.
- Turn heat to low and add in butter to the sauce and continue to mix well. (This will give the sauce a silky finish.) Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat – constantly mixing.
- Once sauce is hot and bubbly, toss in pasta and gently fold together in the sauce till everything is fully coated.
- Add in 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and mix well. (Add 2 cups if you are looking for a thinner sauce)
- Transfer to large serving bowl and sprinkle extra parmesan on top if desired and fold in gently.
- Garnish with fresh Italian parsley and serve hot with your favorite Italian bread or garlic bread.
There you go! This is definitely a dish you will want to keep on repeat once you’ve tried it!! Pasta, garlic, Italian meats and a creamy sauce? What’s not to love? haha!
Let me know your thoughts on this recipe! You can find more of my recipes on IG @cmspiceculture.