Holiday baking and cooking is one of the most memorable times of this season. Special recipes get taken out, families get together more and people just seem a bit more happier around this time. And this year, has been a really tough one, to say the least, yet families and friends have gotten a bit closer. Talking about old memories and making new ones are even more special when good food and desserts are around – and I know I’m right about this! haha!
Cookies, milk and good company is what I enjoy!
My recipe for Nutty Pumpkin Butter Cookies is one of those recipes that you will want to make year-round for your loved ones! I’ve made a spiced cookie stuffed with delicious pumpkin butter and then rolled in a mixture of walnuts & pecans. This cookie is absolutely delicious – my husband hasn’t stopped eating them since I’ve made a few dozen! It’s soft and moist, with a perfect amount of spiced pumkin butter and a bit of crunch from the mixed nuts around it. A perfect combination when you’re craving a sweet treat, but want to try something different with your cold glass of milk or hot chocolate!
Nutty Pumpkin Butter Cookies
Servings: 3.5 dozen cookies
- 2 ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of pumpkin butter spread
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts/pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt.
- In a mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract till creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat well after adding each one.
- Add in flour mixture gradually until a soft dough forms.
- Take about a small golf ball size amount of dough (about 2 Tbsp.) and form a small ball into your hand and then press down gently into the middle of the dough to flatten it a bit. Put about 1.5 tsp. worth of pumpkin butter into the middle. Carefully fold the cookie dough up and create a small ball again. (Basically, there should be cookie ball created with filling in the middle.)
- Place the ground up nuts into a bowl and roll the cookie ball into the ground nuts to fully coat them.
- Place onto ungreased baking sheet about 1-1.5 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
You can also make these as “pumpkin thumbprint” cookies if you want to keep this recipe a little simpler, or add some variety to your cookie platter.
This recipe is absolutely worth making – you will love the taste of the warm pumpkin spices and soft buttery cookie together! AND switch up the flavors by using apple butter, guava jelly or another of your fave fruit butters for a different cookie flavor!
Let me know your thoughts on this recipe by comment below AND tag me with your cookie pics from this recipe at IG @cmspiceculture.