Yayyy! It’s Cookie Season!!
This is the time many people get a chance to take out all their family cookie recipes and special ingredients to create their own amazing cookie! I absolutely love tasting and learning about all the different cookies that my own family and friends make in their kitchens – the variety and flavors that come out every persons oven is incredible! You could literally try a different type of cookie every day of your life and still not have tasted everything!
The cookie recipe I’m sharing with you is another recipe you can add into your repetoire! I love the taste and freshness of orange flavor in desserts. And hazelnut spreads are just such a delicious flavor in baked goods. When you combine the two flavors together into one cookie, its just a flavor explosion in your mouth! The cookie I’ve made has slightly crispy edges and a bit soft & cakey in the middle. It’s a perfect texture with these 2 delicious ingredients and I’m pretty sure you will enjoy them just as much as I do!
Servings: 3 dozen
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. orange zest (add more for stronger taste)
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup of hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup of hazelnut oil
Note: Cooking Time may vary depending on ovens.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or standalone mixer, add in butter and mix till creamy.
- Add in orange zest, eggs, orange marmalade, and vanilla and beat till everything is fully blended and smooth.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and all-purpose flour. Mix everything together on medium-low till fully incorporated and you have a soft doughy consistency.
- With a small scoop or tablespoon, drop about 1 Tbsp. worth of dough onto the parchment-line baking sheet about 2 inches apart. (The cookies will spread out during baking process)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are a golden-brown color. Remove from oven and allow to cook on a wire rack for about 10 minutes or cool to touch.
- In a small bowl, add in hazelnut spread and about begin to gradually add in the hazelnut bowl and mix until the hazelnut is a thick but liquid consistency – pourable.
- You can transfer the hazelnut mixture into a squeeze bottom and lightly drizzle each cookie back and forth to get “tic tac toe” lines on the cookies. OR you can use a regular spoon and drizzle cookies with the same look.
- Allow to set for about 5 minutes and then transfer to serving plate and enjoy!
These cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday menu! Now the question is – how many can you eat in one sitting?
Let me know what you think by commenting below and sharing your pics with me on IG @cmspiceculture when you make this recipe!