Dessert is always the best part of any meal! These macaroons are absolutely one of the most delicious treats you will ever have. They are soft and chewy coconut macaroons infused with the flavors of cardamom and rose water. Then they are topped with chopped pistachios and a drizzle of a gorgeous red Rose Syrup. With each bite, you will get the sweetness of the shredded coconut, a subtle hint of rose water and cardamom and then a big crunch of pistachios, all ending with a deliciously fragrant dose of real rose from the drizzle of syrup. A PERFECT BITE…trust me!!
ROSE & CARDAMOM COCONUT MACAROONS
- 14 oz. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. cans each)
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt or fine kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Cardamom
- 6 Tbsp. Rose Water
- Rose Syrup to drizzle (Dabur Brand Rose Syrup – red colored syrup)
- ¼ cup of Pistachios (rough chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 325° and have ready a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add the egg whites to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a medium-sized mixing bowl, and a hand-held mixer or balloon whisk.
- Beat the eggs on high speed until they have reached stiff peaks. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the egg yolks to a large mixing bowl, followed by the sweetened condensed milk, rose water, vanilla extract, salt and cardamom. Whisk to combine. Stir in the coconut.
- Add the egg whites one scoop at a time, gently folding into the coconut mixture after each addition.
- Once all the egg whites have been incorporated into the coconut mixture, scoop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking mat, spacing each dough round about 1″ apart.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown in color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle with about ½ tsp. of Rose syrup and top with chopped pistachios before serving.
This recipe was part of the “Challah for Masala” FB live show on August 10th, 2019 presented by Jill Gilber a.k.a “Jilly from Philly” and Chetna Macwan of “Spice Culture Cooking.” Jill Gilber is an Award-Winning Competitive Cooking Chef” who has won many awards and accolades for her food. She is full of wonderful meal ideas and can be found on IG @jilly.from.philly and Facebook (@JillGilber).