Here is a really delicious cocktail I had the opportunity to make at a recent cooking demo at COOK-Philly. With the blazing heat this summer, this was a perfect “cooling” accompaniment to all the dishes served at the demo.
INDIAN SUMMER BOURBON COCKTAIL
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 2 oz. good quality bourbon
- ¼ oz. limoncello
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. water
- 1 heaping Tbsp. of apricot jam
- 8-10 mint leaves (ripped into small pieces)
- Ice cubes
- In a small measuring cup, add bourbon, limoncello, lemon juice, water, apricot jam and mint leaves.
- Mull the mint leaves for about 1 minute with all of ingredients till you notice the mint has broken down a bit more into the liquid.
- Place in a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Cover and shake well.
- Fill a small tumbler with a few ice cubes and strain into glass.
- Garnish with 1 or 2 whole mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
This has got to be one of the most delicious and flavorful cocktails for this hot summer! It’s refreshing, COLD and so good with the combination of apricot jam and mint!
If you try it you, let me know your thoughts AND send pics to my IG @cmspiceculture or feel free to leave me a comment below!