Once Summer comes around, it’s officially “grill season.” In my home, we try to use the stove and oven less and stick more to grilling our meals outside. Not only is cooking way easier in my opinion, but it’s just more fun eating with your family and friends outside in this gorgeous weather!
These Lamb Burgers are one of our favorite “grill” items and the marinated meat mixture can be made ahead of time and either frozen or refrigerated for later use. These burgers are packed with mint, garlic, ginger and other delicious spices that just make this recipe extra delicious! Plus, I want to share a really quick “Cumin Sauce” you can use on top of your Lamb Burgers for an extra punch of intense flavor! Both are dripping with flavor and I’m sure will be a great addition to your bbq menu!
LAMB BURGERS (with Cumin Sauce)
Servings: Approximately 12 burgers
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- ½ pack of Shan Seekh Kabob Masala (~3Tbsp)
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley
- 1.5 cup of fresh mint leaves (stems removed)
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic or 3-4 knobs
- 1 Tbsp of grated ginger or paste
- 1 Tbsp of salt
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of cooking oil
- 1 tsp of freshly ground cumin seed
- 1 whole chili (serrano, jalapeno, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (add ½ for a little extra heat)
- In a larger blender, add parsley, mint, garlic, ginger, salt, onion, ¼ cup oil, whole chili, cayenne, ground cumin. Blend together till you get a thick paste with no big chunks left behind. Blend till smooth consistency. Set Aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ground lamb, egg and spice paste from blender. Mix all together with fork OR by hand till all ingredients are incorporated into each other. (The lamb mixture will look/feel a bit loose and a bit saucy. Not to worry – this is the correct texture needed.)
- Take about heaping ½ cup of meat and form into a thick burger patty – about 3.5-4 inch diameter and ¾ inch in height.
- Repeat process till all burgers are made.
- Place directly on hot grill and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side – keep checking in between cooking to avoid burning.
- OR – Line a large baking sheet with foil and place burgers about ½ inch apart.
- Cook in oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes and then another 5 minutes on 415F.
- Serve immediately on hamburger rolls with salad and chutney.
NOTE: Below are recipe for “Cumin Sauce” you can use on Lamb Burgers
QUICK CUMIN SAUCE
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp of ground cumin (fresh)
- ½ tsp of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (*optional)
- Blend all ingredients together till yogurt is smooth and creamy – no lumps.
- Serve with lamb burgers
And now, here a few pictures of the steps so you an get an idea of how I made them!
There you go!! The most delicious and incredibly juicy Lamb Burger recipe is in your hands. The cool, creamy Cumin Sauce on top makes this burger taste incredible! And for some added flavor on top of what you already have, you can add some garlic chutney, mint chutney and tamarind chutney too! OR – add some tomato, lettuce and onion. However you decide to eat your burger, one thing will remain constant – this Lamb Burger is AMAZING!!
If you try out this recipe, let me know your thoughts by commenting below or share your burger pics on IG @cmspiceculture! I look forward to hearing from you!