It’s Friday!! That means we can relax, think about sleeping in the next day and what good stuff to eat tonight! In our house, we keep it simple on Fridays; either we eat leftovers, grab pizza or make a bunch of fun foods for our movie nights. And even though I cook for a living, its nice to have a break from the kitchen and just normal routines on the weekends!
As a matter of fact, speaking of a break from routines, I wanted to share this 1-Pan recipe with you today because it is super easy, delicous and so much fun to make for your Friday nights! This is a definite winner in my home and hardly any leftovers for the next day!
My recipe of 1-Pan Mexican Potatoes combines the delicious flavor of seasoned up potatoes with a hearty mexican salad and guacamole on top. It is a loaded up explosion of flavor in your mouth, and can be made in the same pan. No need for extra pots and pans for this recipe, which for me, is a no-brainer! I really think you will love the taste of these cheesy potatoes and won’t want to share!
1 PAN MEXICAN POTATOES
- 5 large potatoes (cleaned and cut into thin round slices)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of Oaxaca cheese (Can also use Monterey Jack)
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of diced onions
- ½ cup of guacamole (fresh or store-bought) *add more if desired
- ½ cup of thinly sliced jalapenos (seeds removed for less heat)
- 2 Tbsp of garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp of onion salt
- 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of Adobo seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Taco seasoning
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of freshly cut cilantro
- 1/2 cup of Cooking oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium setting till hot.
- In a large bowl, add in your potato rounds, and all dry seasonings then add a small bowl or cup, add all dry ingredients and mix together well till all potatoes are fully covered.
- Once skillet is hot, add in potatoes and allow them to cook till golden brown on both sides. (Lower heat if necessary to avoid burning.)
- Once potatoes are cooked, turn of stove, tilt pan and drain out any excess oil.
- Return pan to stove, turn heat on lowest stove setting and you can begin adding toppings.
- Begin by sprinkling all cheeses on top of potatoes. (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Oaxaca) and then cover skillet with lid to melt cheese – about 2-3 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted, turn off stove.
- Next, spoon guacamole on entire dish.
- Add onion, tomatoes, jalapeno
- Top with chopped cilantro.
Let me know what you think of this recipe after you try it! Feel free to tag me on IG @cmspiceculture with your pics of this recipe and of course, comment below!
Have an awesome weekend!