If you love seafood, than I think we will get along! And if you really love to eat Shrimp Scampi or a good seasoned Scallop dish, then I know we will friends for life!
I recently had a really delicious Risotto dish at a local restaurant and it was topped with perfectly seasoned Shrimps and Scallops in this amazing lemon and basil-infused sauce. It was truly spectacular! Once I got home and I decided I wanted to take a few of the similar concepts of this dish and make my own “Indian” version with lots of spices and extra flavors. The result of my experimentation was a big hit and I’m so happy to be able to share this recipe with you!
Not only are all the flavors on point, but this is a very simple dish to put together on a busy weekday with just a few ingredients. This is completely a no fuss, no mess dish that you will absolutely love once you try it!
SHRIMP & SCALLOPS IN GARAM MASALA BUTTER
Serves: 4-5 people
- 1lb of shrimp (peeled, deveined and cleaned)
- 1/2 lb of scallops
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1 Tbsp of curry powder
- 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder
- 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of curry paste (Patak Brand is my recommendation)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped Italian Parsley
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat
- Once hot, add olive oil, butter and garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes till garlic brown a bit.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, curry paste, and lemon juice into the garlic oil mixture and mix everything together. Allow oil to become hot and fully seasoned for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and when the seasoned oil mixture begins to bubble, place your scallops in pan and allow to sear for 3-4 minutes on both sides or until a light golden brown color.
- Once scallops are seared, lower heat to medium/medium-low and add your shrimps into the pan. Allow shrimps to fully cook and spoon the sauce on top of scallops and shrimps for 5-7 minutes or until all seafood is fully cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle Italian Parsley on top before serving.
And there you go – the “Insta-Curry” has arrived! The combination of the curry seasonings and seafood in the spiced lemon sauce is sooo good! After I made this, I was eating the leftovers for 2 days afterwards! I really think you will enjoy this dish! It can be eaten with your favorite Indian bread or rice for a delious lunch or dinner.
Another really delicious way to eat this seafood dish is on top of Creamy Parmesan Risotto! It is a whole new flavor experience between the spiced seafood and creamy, cheesy risotto. This is a completely new flavor explosion that works really well together!
If you’re up to trying this combination, here is the recipe for my Creamy Parmesan Risotto – easily made in 1 pot and without too many steps to get a perfect Risotta texture and flavor!
The recipe can be found here:
Let me know what you think by tagging me on IG @cmspiceculture or leave a comment below!