When most people think of “Risotto,” they might probably feel a bit intimated because it requires a perfect texture when cooked.
Well, I just want to give you some peace and let you know – MAKING RISOTTO IS NOT DIFFICULT! It’s really not a big deal, despite what you may have heard about it.
At the end of the day, it’s making rice a bit creamy in texture and adding different ingredients into the mix for added flavor. It may not sound so glamorous, but it’s truly an extremely delicous dish that is easy enough to prepare in the middle of the week, and fancy enough to serve as fine-dining or dinner parties! The best part is that the options to include inside Risotto are endless. You can make it with seafood, vegetables, different cheese, or just eat with a good dose of salt and pepper. Regardless, how you choose to eat or prepare your Risotto, it is a perfectly versatile dish that allows you to be creative in your own kitchen!
Below is a recipe for a deliciously seasoned Parmesan Risotto. It is so good with the creamy Parmesan cheese melted into it and includes a few simple ingredients you should definitely be able to find easily in your pantry. Top this Risotto with your favorite main dish or eat as a side, and you will have a perfect meal in front of you!
CREAMY PARMESAN RISOTTO
Serves: 5-6 people
- 1.5 cups of Arborio Rice
- 5 cups of chicken broth (4 cups for cooking + 1 cup after rice is cooked)
- 1 cup of good quality grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 Tbsp of softened & diced butter
- 2 Tbsp of finely chopped Italian parsley
*NOTE: Keep close eye on Risotto during cooking process to avoid any burning or sticking to base of pot.
- Set aside 4 cups of broth.
- Set aside 1 cup of broth with salt, pepper and 3 Tbsp of diced butter in it.
- In a dutch oven or medium pot, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add diced onions and allow to cook until translucent.
- Once onions are cooked, lower heat to medium setting and add 4 cups of broth into pot and allow to warm up for about 1-2 minutes. (Broth should be warm, but not hot to touch)
- Add Arborio rice and mix well with broth and onion on medium heat and allow to cook about 35-40 minutes while mixing around several times during cooking process. (This helps to avoid any burning or sticking to base of pot.)
- Once risotto is past al dente stage and mostly cooked, add in the extra 1 cup of broth mixture and parmesan cheese. Mix well into the risotto.
- Cover pot for about 5 minutes and put on medium-high heat.
- After 5 minutes, risotto should be fully cooked. Gently mix risotto with spoon to make sure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle Italian parsley on top
- Serve with your favorite main dish OR as a side dish.
NOTE: Can be served with Shrimp and Scallops in Masala & Lemon Butter Sauce
The recipe can be found here:
Let me know your thoughts by commenting below or feel free to tag me on IG @cmspiceculture