I’m going to start off this post by saying “Yes, I know…This is NOT an Indian Dish.” Haha! But it is an entirely Italian-influenced dish that uses the word “SPICY”, therefore making it a good fit for my blog. :O) That’s a good excuse right? Haha!
But seriously, I wanted to share this recipe with all of you because it is one of my absolute favorite dishes to make for my family and friends. It is, by far, one of the simplest recipes in my own recipebook and a real favorite after all the years I’ve been making it.
You can pretty much buy all the ingredients at your local grocery store and make the sauce ahead of time for any of your events, or as a quick, but hearty meal for the day. Whenever you choose to make this dish, I guarantee it will be a big hit at your table!
The combination of the spicy sausage, garlic and spinach is just a delicious trio that makes this so mouth-watering and drool-worthy. Add all of this into creamy alfredo sauce and fresh parmesan and now you’ve entered my world of “Fine-Dining style Comfort Food.”
Lastly, the recipe below calls for Spicy Sausage, but if you’re not into spicy foods, you can use ground turkey, sweet sausage or a ground meatloaf mixture. You won’t get the same “spiciness” in this dish, but it will still taste really good!
SPICY SAUSAGE ALFREDO:
- 1 10 oz. package of fresh chopped spinach (or frozen)
- 2 heaping Tbsp. of minced garlic
- 1lb of Spicy Italian Sausage – remove all casings
- 2 bottles of Alfredo sauce (any brand you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 16oz box of rotini pasta (or elbow, penne, ziti)
- 10 oz. of shredded parmesan cheese + handful for garnish at end
- 2 Tbsp of freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Heat stove to medium heat and in medium/large saucepan, add the garlic and Italian sausage.
- Break down sausage over stove into small chunks and allow to fully cook.
- Once cooked, add spinach and mix everything together well.
- Once spinach is fully cooked/wilted down, add your 2 bottles of Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup of milk, black pepper. Mix all ingredients together till fully incorporated and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly.
- Once sauce begins to bubble, add your shredded parmesan and mix into the sauce well. Allow to simmer another 5-7 minutes or until you see the sauce thicken and bubble around more.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- In large pot, fill water close to top and allow to boil on high heat.
- Add pasta and allow to cook till desired texture. (My preference for this dish is slightly past al dente, fully cooked but not to the point of breakage.)
- Once pasta is cooked, drain completely and immediately add to the alfredo sauce and sausage mixture.
- Gently stir pasta into the sauce to fully coat each noodle (keep stove off)
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley and more parmesan cheese as garnish.
Let me know what you think of this recipe by tagging me on IG @cmspiceculture or feel free to leave a comment below!