Baked Chicken is probably one of the most common and easiest to make dishes out there. There are plenty of store-brand versions available to help make this dish a quick weeknight meal for anyone. Plus, it just tastes good!
I know alot of people are looking for a quick tasty meal to make at home, especially during those busy weeknights. As a cooking instructor and recipe developer, I always get asked if I have any suggestions on a few quick meal ideas.
Here is a great recipe for an Indian Spiced Baked Chicken that requires just a few simple ingredients, but is really simple and delicious. I guess you can call this my version of a “Shake & Bake” chicken dish – except it is loaded with different spices and some heat! At my house, we eat this chicken dish with rice and a lentil curry, BUT you can eat it with any side you’d like. It is great in sandwiches and salads too. Plus you can prepare a large batch ahead of time and store for use later in the week!
Here you go!
INDIAN SPICED BAKED CHICKEN
Serves: 5-6 people
- 3lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (remove any excess fat) – about 10 pieces
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1.5 Tbsp of cumin/coriander powder
- 1.5 Tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 1.5 Tbsp of salt
- 1.5 tsp of garam masala powder
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic or paste
- 2 Tbsp of ginger paste
- 1/4 cup of oil
- lemon wedges (optional/garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Take a large baking sheet and cover with foil
- In a large plate, mix the breadcrumbs, cumin/coriander powder, cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt, and garam masala all together till fully incorporated and blended together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger and garlic together till fully blended together.
- In a large gallon zip-lock bag, add the chicken, oil and garlic/ginger mixture. Close bag tightly and mix all ingredients together well in the bag, making sure that all chicken pieces are coated front and back with the garlic, ginger, and oil. Massage the bag a few times to make sure of this.
- Once all chicken pieces look fully coated, take 1 piece at a time and cover both sides entirely with the bread crumb mixture and the lay flat on foil-covered baking sheet.
- Repeat step 6 with all chicken pieces.
- If you have a little of the breadcrumb mixture leftover, simply sprinkle it on top of the chickenn for a thicker crust. (Optional)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- After time, turn on Broiler and let chicken sits on top shelf for 5-7 minutes – just to get a slight crisp on top. (Do not let it get dark brown or burn)
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with your favorite side dish, and/or with lemon wedges for added flavor and garnish.
There you go! Nothing better than a hot meal at home, and not many dishes to clean afterwards! :O)
Let me know your thoughts if you get a chance to make this recipe. Feel free to tag me on IG @cmspiceculture or leave a comment below!