Now that Summer is in full swing, I know I am always looking for some cool, refreshing treats to eat with my family or entertain with! Nothing is better on a hot day than a cold ice cream or ice-cold fruit salad. You can literally feel the “cold” go down your throat and steam rise from your body! Does anyone know what I mean, or is it just me? :O)
Here’s a really great fruit salad recipe that needs just a few very simple ingredients and will have people coming back for more! I promise! And the colder you serve it, the better!
Fruit Salad with Vanilla & Cardamom Sauce
– 3 15oz. cans of Fruit Cocktail (drained of liquid) – any Brand with light syrup
– 1 quart of Vanilla Ice-Cream (melted)
– 4 or 5 Mint Leaves finely chopped or julienned
– 1.5 tsp of ground cardamom.
– 1 Tbsp of sugar
– 1/2 cup of diced strawberries
– 1/2 cup of apples (any variety that is sweet and crunchy)
– 1/2 cup of blueberries
– 1 or 2 diced mangoes
– 1 banana (cut into small slices) – ADD & MIX IN BEFORE SERVING to avoid “browning” (optional)
– Additional fruits cut into small bite size chunks – 1/2 cup each fruit of choice (optional)
- In a large bowl, add your drained fruit cocktail and any additional fruits
- Add melted Vanilla Ice-cream and sugar
- Add ground cardamom
- Add Mint
- Mix all ingredients together slowly to avoid any breakage and till fully incorporated
- Chill in Fridge for 3-4 hours till very cold (**You Can put in Freezer for 2hours if desired)
- Add sliced bananas into fruit mixture right before serving to avoid any browning while its in fridge cooling.
- Serve in small bowls or cocktail glasses (optional)
This is a very simple and delicious way to eat a fruit salad. The melted Vanilla Ice-cream turns into a delicious sauce when it mixes in with all the different fruits. The cardamom and mint, give it a refreshing flavor that goes really well with all the mixed fruits.
If you get a chance to try out this recipe, let me know your thoughts in the “Comments” below or tag me on IG at @cmspiceculture. I’d love to hear from you!
Have a wonderful summer!