I remember when I used to work in NYC, there was a small little restaurant in downtown with standing room only, but made the most incredible fried whiting fish sandwiches. The fish was perfectly fried and golden brown and then placed between 2 slices of Wonder Bread with a spicy and tart sauce on top. OMG…it was so delicious!! The sandwich was just $5 but the lines would be wrapped around the corner of the street around lunchtime. (Of course now, I’m craving one of those delicious fish sandwiches as I’m writing!) :O)
Aside from my NYC fish sandwiches, salmon is my next favorite fish. The first time I had salmon was at a Macaroni Grill restaurant many, many years ago. The restaurant had a salmon teriyaki dish that was just so good! It was perfectly cooked and had this really tasty Teriyaki marinade on it that was sweet & garlicky. YUMMY!! I don’t think they have my Salmon Teriyaki on the menu anymore, but now I know how to make it myself so I can still enjoy it!
Salmon is such a delicious and versatile option for every type of meal! You can use it in burgers, salads, entrees, curries, stews, breakfast, etc. You can cook it anyway you want and it still tastes great..baked, smoked, broiled, pan-fried, etc.! And what I particularly love about Salmon, and basically most fish in general, is that it cooks quickly and doesn’t require so many pots and pans for prep, so cleanup is quick and I have more time to enjoy eating and relaxing with my family.
Today, I wanted to share one of my family favorite salmon recipes with you. This dish doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, but the results and flavor are amazing! Plus, this recipe is perfect for a quick weekday meal, yet fancy enough for even a Sunday dinner or friendly dinner party. The salmon is flaky and mouth-watering, enhanced by the delicious flavors of parsley, garlic, and parmesan…a definite crowd pleaser!
Parsley & Parmesan Crusted Salmon
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1lb of fresh salmon (can be cooked whole or cut into fillets)
- 2 Tbsp of minced garlic OR garlic paste
- 1 whole bunch of Italian parsley (very finely chopped)
- 1 cup of good quality shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Cover a large baking sheet or pan, with foil (helps with quicker cleanup)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your Italian parsley, parmesan, garlic and olive oil and mix together with fork or spoon till everything is fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Place your salmon on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper till fully covered. (add more salt and pepper is desired – the whole fish should be evenly seasoned)
- Place salmon in oven and BROIL for 14 minutes. After time, remove from oven.
- Cover entire top of salmon with your herb and cheese mixture and gently press down with hands to make it stick to salmon.
- Place crusted salmon back into oven and BROIL for another 15-17 minutes or until the “Crust” becomes a golden brown and all the parmesan cheese looks melted (make sure crust is not overcooked or turns a dark brown color)
- Remove from oven and loosely cover salmon with foil and allow to rest for 2-3minutes before serving. (This allows the crust to harden a bit on salmon and adds a little extra dose of flavor and texture to the dish.)
The crust on the salmon adds a beautiful and fresh green dose of color to the dish. It’s really a perfect dish for enjoying in spring and summer. It is extremely delicious and does not overpower the taste of the salmon, but adds a very nice and refreshing flavor to the dish with the parsley and parmesan. The garlic enhances the overall dish and is a great compliment to the salmon.
You can enjoy this with a nice salad on the side and roasted asparagus. But of course, you can eat this dish solo anytime or with your own choice of side! :O)
I hope you will take some time to try this salmon recipe. I’m sure you will really love it! I’d love to hear your comments/thoughts on this dish in the box below and/or tag me on IG @cmspiceculture.