Almost every football game calls for Buffalo wings or some sort of “wing” at the event. It almost seems “wrong” to NOT have them along with the hundred other menu items most people have at their Superbowl events.
This Superbowl, I knew I was going to have wings at our party, BUT I wanted to try a different recipe for them. I just got bored of the traditional hot sauce recipe this year. The end result of my “Eagles Wings” was absolutely delicious, so I want to share my recipe with you. Plus, they are made with a “Green” marinade and the EAGLES ARE THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS – so, for now I can get away with calling them “EAGLES WINGS!”
Why not? Haha!
- 1 Full Bunch of coriander/parsley
- 1 Full Bunch of fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp of Coriander/Cumin powder
- 1 to 1.5Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp of garlic paste (or fresh garlic)
- 2 Tbsp of ginger paste (or fresh ginger)
- 3 Tablespoons of Curry Paste (Mild or Hot)
- 1 tsp chili powder OR 2 Jalapenos (more is desired)
- 1 medium onion
- ½ to 1 cup oil (veg, canola, etc.)
- 30-50 chicken wings
**NOTE: You can use this same recipe with 1.5-2lbs of boneless & skinless chicken thighs, either whole OR cut into large chunks if preferred.
**Vegetarian Option: Toss with Roasted Veggies and Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees so marinade “cooks” onto the veggies before serving.
1. In Blender, add all ingredients and blend on HIGH while pouring oil into mixture
2. Add more oil if needed – consistency should be like a very smooth/creamy pesto
3. Once blended, add mixture to chicken wings and let marinate 1 to 2 hours in fridge for same day prep OR overnight if planned for event next day.
4. Once marinated, transfer to large baking sheet or metal baking pan and sprinkle an extra 1 tsp salt over chicken mix and put in oven
5. BROIL on middle rack for 40-45 minutes till browned on top
6. Rotate chicken on other side and let broil for another 10-15 minutes before removing from oven. (DO NOT OVERBROIL)
**NOTE: Tastes great when dipped in a Tzatziki sauce (I prefer using the “CEDAR Greek Yogurt” sauce because it has dill and garlic in it and adds to the herb flavor of the wings.)
Hope you enjoy these wings! They are so delicious and the meat just falls off the bones from sitting in the marinade while broiling. They truly are “finger-licking” good and even more fun once the sauce gets all over your hands and face! :O)
Congratulations to the EAGLES!! Superbowl LII Champions of 2018!