With the last week of summer vacation finally here, there are alot of people who are trying to squeeze in some last minute R&R, or scrambling around trying to get stuff ready for the kiddos who start school again next week! Or, maybe you’re one of those parents out there, who is in the midst of planning some sort of party once the kids are off to school! (Honestly, part of me is sad summer is ending, and part of me relieved…I need some sort of routine back into my life and my kids lives!) :o)
Whatever reason you have to either mourn or celebrate the end of summer – here is a great dessert recipe sure to take the summer blues away and put you back into a better mood!
I learned this recipe a few years back from one of my husbands relatives and it has become a staple at most of our family events and holidays. It’s a light and refreshing pie recipe full of delicious mango flavor and creaminess. Plus, its so simple to make – really. The only downside to this recipe is that you may not want to share it after you try it!
1/2 can of mango puree (Ratna Brand mango raas)
2 envelopes Knox brand unflavored gelatin
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz sour cream
1 9″ graham cracker pie crust (fresh or ready-made)
1/2 cup sugar (or less if desired-1/4 cup)
- Heat 1/2 cup water and dissolve gelatin
- In mixer, blend the mango puree/raas, sugar, sour cream, cream cheese and gelatin on medium speed till fully blended together.
- Pour mixture in pie crust
- Refrigerate for 2-3hours or until completely cold and firm.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachios and/or cashews if desired for garnish